A.U.R.A. Fest began in 2000 with the inaugural event at Tybee Island's American Legion. Since then, there has been over 10 festivals in three cities, with performances from the best local, regional, and national underground rock and metal bands. After a slight hiatus from the pandemic, A.U.R.A. Fest returns to Ships of the Sea Museum in downtown Savannah on June 11, 2022. 11 of the nation's best metal and hardcore bands will come together to rock Savannah. In addition to the live bands, enjoy cuisine from Chazito's Latin Food Truck and Molly MacPherson's plus amazing drink specials, vendors and activities.
Ages - All Ages Welcome! We recommend under 16 be accompanied by adults if possible. Children under 12 can be admitted free with adult supervision.
Covid 19 - We highly encourage wearing masks and will have them available at the festival. Temperature will be checked for all attendees at the gate and patrons with a fever will not be admitted and refunds issued if applicable.
WHAT IS YOUR BAG POLICY?
● NO backpacks, large purses, or shopping bags allowed inside the festival
WHAT CAN I BRING?
● Cell phone
Personal size purse (for wallet/cellphone/hygiene items). Subject to bag check at gate*
● Earplugs or protective headphones
WHAT CAN'T I BRING?
● Backpacks, large purses or shopping bags
● Video Cameras (Unless Approved as Press/Media)
● Weapons, items that could be used as a weapon, or harmful objects of any kind
(including pocket knives, pepper spray,etc)
● Illegal substances (including drugs and drug paraphernalia)
● Selfie sticks/Camera Tri-pods (unless approved as Press/Media)
● Glass containers
● Outside food or beverages including alcohol
● Bicycles, scooters, skateboards or personal motorized vehicles
● Large chains or spiked jewelry
● Fireworks or explosives of any kind
● Wagons, tents or large umbrellas
● Chairs of any kind
● Aerosol or compressed cans containers (including sunscreen)
● Paint pens and sharpies
● Laser Pointers
● Remote Controlled Vehicles/Drones
● ANY PROHIBITED ITEM THAT IS SURRENDERED TO SECURITY AT SEARCH
POINTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED. AURA FEST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO
MAKE THE FINAL DECISION ON ALLOWED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS WITHOUT
WILL THERE BE MEDICAL PERSONNEL ON SITE?
● We will have first aid kits on site for the fest. Please go to festival gate to be escorted
to first aid kit. You can go to our bar areas as well
for first aid attention.
WHAT ABOUT SECURITY?
● Your health, safety and security are always our top priority. AURA Fest will continue to
work closely with Ships of the Sea Museum, as well as our law enforcement and
public safety agency partners to ensure a safe, secure, and positive environment for
all attendees, artists, and staff. Should you need any assistance during your time with
us, please proceed to the nearest gate or seek nearby uniformed event staff.
WILL I BE SEARCHED?
● To ensure safety of our guests, staff, and the venue, AURA Fest security reserves
right to search coats/purses at the front gate. Failure to consent to a search will result
in denial of entry or ejected from the event. Coat checks will be done
on case by case basis (baggy clothes, long coats) at the festival gate.
CAN I LEAVE THE FESTIVAL AND COME BACK?
● Re-entry is allowed as long as festival wristband is kept on. If wristband is taken off, re-entry is not guaranteed.
WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES?
● The festival grounds are wheelchair accessible and ADA bathrooms are provided.
Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WILL THERE BE A SAFE PLACE TO STORE MY PERSONAL ITEMS WHILE AT THE FEST?
● We have no lockers onsite. We suggest you keep items of value in your car locked.
Ships of the sea and Aura fest are not responsible for lost or stolen items on the
CAN I BRING MY KIDS?
● Yes. Children under 12 can get in free. However due to the level of sound volume we
strongly encourage sound dampening headphones or earplugs. Please do not leave
CAN I BRING MY PETS?
● No, sorry pets will not be allowed into the festival.
WHAT FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION ARE ACCEPTABLE TO DRINK ALCOHOL?
Drivers license, Military id with birthdate on it, current passport. No expired or
destroyed identification will be accepted.
CAN I BRING MY MEDICATIONS?
● If you need to have medication during the festival please bring in a prescription marked bottle/container. The officer at the door will have to
approve any medication brought in.
WILL THERE BE A LOST AND FOUND?
● Please take any possible lost items to the festival bar or security personnel. After the event, email us at email@example.com or call Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum with any lost item reports.
WHO CAN ANSWER A TICKETING QUESTION?
● Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN I VOLUNTEER?
● Volunteer opportunities are still available. Email email@example.com to apply or get info
WILL THERE BE PARKING? HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
● The venue parking is for bands, staff, and vendors only. We suggest parking in one of
the Savannah city parking garages or the Visitior's Center parking lot. Links for those
can be found at https://www.visitsavannah.com/info/parking-savannah
WILL CREDIT CARDS BE ACCEPTED AT BARS, MERCH AND FOOD BOOTHS?
● Yes! They will take cash and card. Note some bands may not all take cards.
IS AURA FEST OUTDOORS?
● The festival is outdoors. However the main stage area is covered.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
● The festival will be rain or shine. The main stage is in a covered assembly area.